Moonupeedika Beach


Moonupeedika beach is not a well-trodden area for tourists, but its tranquility stands out from other similar places. It’s a beautiful beach located at a distance of 3 km from the nearest small town Moonnupeedika in Thrissur district, Kerala. I don’t think it’s a place highlighted by Kerala tourism department. But sometimes, it’s a very good idea to find out such places as it’s not over crowded. If you are looking for a clam and peaceful day out in the evening, this is an ideal location to extricate from the life hurdles.

Moonupeedika Beach
Boats anchored on the shore


I had a visit to this beach once with my family. It’s during the early times when I bought my DSLR camera (Nikon D3100).  As mentioned, there were very less number of visitors at that time. Some boats were anchored on the coast. Some were in the sea too. There were a few local people, who were playing cards and repairing fishing nets.
Moonupeedika Beach Boats
A lovely view of the Beach

Moonupeedika beach arabian sea
Not the time for sunset

As far as my passion towards photography is considered, I was satiated with my clicks. In a beginner level, I could able to capture some nice photos that fueled the intensity of my taste. Subsequently, I was intrigued to the next lessons of photos. In my perspective, Moonupeedika beach is a fabulous place for photo takers, where they can work without haste for perfection.
Moonnupeedika Beach
Never ending...

You can also see my travel experience and photos of locations like Munakkal Beach and Elliots Beach , Chennai.
How to reach Moonupeedika Beach
Moonnupeedika town is located in NH17, on the way to Guruvayur from Kodungallur. If you are coming from Kodungallur side, take left turn from Moonupeedika junction. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments